How to take part:
- A teacher must be present at all Cumann games
- All games to be played during/shortly after school or at a mutually agreed time.
- Game duration: Boys and Girls Games- See fixtures list for details.
- All teams must complete league games before specified date. Teams will forfeit points for games outstanding.* See fixtures listfor dates.
- Gumshields must be worn for all Cumann games including training.
- All team jerseys must be numbered.
- In the event of colours clashing,the home team will change.
- The first team on the fixture list will play at home.
- Pitch dimensions recommendations: 100m x 80m(Max) 80m x 60m(Min)
- Small square 2m from post and 4m across. Onus os on home team to have small square clearly marked.
Cumann Games must be officiated by qualified official referees:
- Referees to be sourced from current Cumann na mBunscol Kildare referees listings.
- School team mentors organise their own referees. Typically home team organises the referee.
- €15 to be paid by each team to referee on the final whistle.Please note increase from €12.50 as per AGM 2016.
- Semi-Finals: Neutral referee to be appointed by main Cumann Representative at agreed venue.
All GAA rules apply except:
- No big square.
- Kickouts to be taken from the hand from the corner of the small square after a wide.
- Kickout from the hand on 13m line after a score.
- No penalalties in Cumann na mBunscol games.
- 45s: boys take 45s from the ground, girls from the hand
- No drawn games. Extra time will apply. 5 mins aside then golden score.
- All football games boys and girls only one hop and one solo allowed per play.
- Size 4 football/sliotars to be used. No soft touch sliotars to be used.
- Girls participating in boys games must abode by boys rules.
- Both teams to pay referee €15.
- Results to be forwarded to divisional co-ordinator immediately after the game.
- Failure to forward results will result in forfeiture of points.
- Where a division is in 2 groups of 4 teams, the top 2 teams from each group will qualify for semi-finals.
- Semi-Finals will then comprise of winner group A vs. runner up group b and vice-versa.
- In divisions with only 6 teams the top team will qualify for the finals with teams in 2nd and 3rd position playing off against each other in a semi-final.
- In a situation where teams are tied on points, the result of the head to head league game will decide who tops the group.
- Semi-Finals for a 3 group division will be organised by the divisional co-ordinator.
- Semi-Finals to NBC played at mutually agreed venue.
- Neutral referee to be appointed by Cumann representative at facilitating school.
- Neutral: Not from home team area or club.
- Beaten semi-finalists to provide umpires for finals.
- Finals dates and fixtures will not be moved
- All teams to supply 3 x team sheets with dates of birth, names and corresponding jersey numbers to be worn in school's respective final
- Referees, Cumann volunteers and host venue must be respected at all times
Playoffs and Semi-Finals.
Cumann na mBunscol Kildare 2017